December 1, 2008

Rainy Day



What kind of Summer day is this?!
When rain and winds insist to persist!
The rain won’t stop its ploppy plop
Its drippy drip or sopping sop.

I want to play outside today
But can’t because the sky’s too gray
Everything’s wet, there’s no sun yet
And there won’t be til’ tomorrow I bet.

I’m grumpy now, and bored to tears
And afraid this rain will go on for years
No more tag or live punching bag
No more football or baseball or capture the flag.

I’ll never see the Sun again
Maybe for a second every now and then
But never long enough to do fun stuff
like marbles, or army, getting a scuff.

I guess it’s over, finito, caput
No more running around in the grass barefoot
What’s that you say? I can still play today?
I’ll get my boots, you get my coat, okay?

I love the rain and all it brings
I like wet, soggy, and sopping things
I slide when I run, these puddles are fun
No rain tomorrow, huh? Lots of Sun?

Oh well…I’ll just get out my water gun.

No comments: